For anyone who has followed me for the last decade, you may remember that ten years ago today I lost my Dad to lung cancer. And even without a calendar, every November 1st I wake up and feel like my world has shattered all over again.
I won't be too maudlin today, but I have to acknowledge the pain. My Dad was my whole world, even as a grown ass woman. Losing him was the worst thing that had ever happened to me to that point, and pretty much continues to be the worst pain I've ever experienced. So acknowledge and move through I must today.
Quick upbeat note about my dad. He was so proud of me for being a published author, but he couldn't bring himself to admit to his friends just what I actually wrote. So he told everyone that his daughter wrote Westerns.
Love you Daddy.
Onward my friends, onward.
A quick look back on October:
(Sorry, let's get the house cleaning out of the way)
Touch of Gray: Panic in Detroit
Sexy Beaches Lounge Project: Grave Encounters
Touch of Gray:
Kiss Me You Animal
Now and Then
Quick and Dirty Reads (.99 cent M/F Romance)
Shake Me Up
Fast and Filthy Reads (.99 cent M/M Romance)
Pickup and Leave
Wolf in Men's Clothing
1. Quit smoking. I know, I know. I lost my dad to lung cancer and I still haven't quit. Isn't that disgusting? But today is the day. I woke up sick as hell, so further motivation right. I've quit before and hopefully this time it will stick.
2. Book seven in the Touch of Gray series will release. It's currently in edits, so I should be getting it up for preorder in the next couple weeks to release around Thanksgiving. Let's all give thanks for Cole. *sigh
3. Marathon training. I need to get my ass back on the road. I barely ran in October, and it's going to be like starting from scratch, again. But that's okay. That just means I get to start with lower mileage. My favorite.
4. Blogging once a week. Yeah... I promise this all the time and I never follow through because I suck and my life is kind of boring so I assume you don't want to hear about it. But I've got a "plan." So stay tuned, and subscribe if you haven't already.
5. Newsletter. Did you know I have a newsletter? I don't send them often, so when you sign up you won't be bombarded with Buy My Shit Now emails. Plus, you get a free Grayson short story just for letting me into your inbox.
So, that's my story. What did you accomplish last month? What are your November plans. Do you have any kick ass Thanksgiving recipes to share? I'm always looking for something new to add to my menu.