My big fat Roller Derby Dreams


I have two dreams in this world. One is to be a best selling author who makes enough from selling books to be able to make it my career. The other is to be play Roller Derby. 

Yes, you read that correctly. I want to be a Derby Girl. I've dreamed of this for years and my main goal for 2018 is going to be to make it as Fresh Meat on a local team. Below are the basic rules of Flat Track Roller Derby.

I'd love to be a Jammer, but I don't think I'm quite coordinated enough for that. I see myself as a Pivot. Filling in when needed, but mostly keeping the pack in line.

Last year I went all out, bought the skates, pads and helmet, went to the rink to practice, read everything I could get my hands on about the game, watched bouts online and in person. I immersed myself in Roller Derby...then I let it fade away. As I do so many of my dreams.

But this one stuck with me. The passion didn't die...it just fell asleep for a little while. And now it is coming back. I think about it all the time, I dream about it, I want it. I need it.

I'm not even sure what about the sport speaks so strongly to my soul. Maybe because they are like modern day superheroes for me. They wear costumes, get cool code names, wear war paint, and get out there night after night to perform battle. It's beautiful and rough and...well, it's just so fucking cool!

This year I will train hard, work hard, play hard, and maybe even drink hard. I have my 2017 goals in place, and I'm doing well at working on them. But this...this is my ultimate goal. I will begin working toward it now so that when 2018 starts, I will be well placed to make this dream my one and only goal.

Fresh Meat here I come.

XoXoXo
D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thanksgiving on a Budget

Top 7 Ted Talks to get lost in [Videos]

This is not a political post, honest